Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Chicken pastries with olives and raisins.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 can Underwood® Chicken Spread
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp Salad Olives
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Trappey’s® Red Devil Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs, if necessary
- 1 14-oz. package frozen white or yellow dough for turnover pastries, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- In large skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, cook onion, pepper and celery, covered for 10 minutes or until tender but not brown.
- Stir in chicken spread, raisins, olives, tomato paste, pepper sauce and oregano.
- Stir in bread crumbs to thicken filling.
- On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll 1 dough round into 6-inch circle.
- Spoon 1/4 cup filling on one side of circle.
- Brush egg along edge of circle; fold dough over to cover filling.
- Seal edges of turnover with fork; brush with egg.
- Place turnover on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat, using remaining filling and dough rounds.
- Cut small slit in top of each turnover.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
- Cool slightly, serve warm.