Classic Cuban Sandwich
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 4
- A traditional Cuban sandwich.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 4 Cuban sandwich rolls
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 lb deli roast pork, sliced thick
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 lb baked ham, thinly sliced
- 6 oz Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 Kosher Dill Sandwich Toppers
- In cup, blend mayonnaise and butter until smooth.
- Cut each roll lengthwise in half.
- Using half of mayonnaise mixture, spread lightly over cut sides of rolls then spread with mustard.
- On 4 bottom halves of rolls, layer roast pork; sprinkle with cumin.
- Evenly layer ham, pickle slices and cheese over pork. Cover with tops of rolls.
- Using half of remaining mayonnaise mixture, spread over tops of rolls.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
Place sandwiches, mayonnaise-side down, in skillet. Place a large piece of foil then a slightly smaller skillet or heavy pot over sandwiches to flatten slightly.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned and crisp.
Remove pot and foil; spread tops of sandwiches with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Turn sandwiches, then replace foil and heavy pot.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes longer until golden brown and heated through.